Thursday, August 2, 2012

Battery caddy, small item, big help...


In the history of Weekly Photo Tips I can't remember EVER re-posting a product review, but today we are going to change that.

We are in the heat of "wedding season" and of all the do-dads and thing-a-ma-jigs I have in my camera bags, my favorite is the least expensive piece of gear I own and find it to be the biggest help, they are my battery caddy's.

Sometimes it's the little things that make a big deal and for me it's "AA" batteries. Lots and lots (and lots more) "AA" batteries.

I have a bag full of Nikon Speedlights and depending on the model will take 4 or 5 "AA" batteries each, and when it's a fast moving event (like a wedding) changing batteries needs to happen fast and go off without a hitch.

And as soon as the flash recycle starts to slow (even a little) I change batteries because what is going on in front of my camera won't wait for a flash to recycle.

The trouble for me used to be organization and accessibility. I had tried zip lock bags, Tupperware containers, pouches, and.... well, you get what I'm saying.


Then the Personal Battery Caddy came into my life (cue dramatic music here) and have been using them for 4 years now. I have 3 of the 12 pack "AA" battery caddy's in my bag now and they work like a charm, no fumbling in a plastic bag for batteries, no cover coming off the Tupperware and batteries rolling everywhere, no wondering which batteries are good.

My battery caddy's keep me organized and get two thumbs way up for being compact, their portability, and their ease of use. Convenience is another word that comes to mind.

And as I change batteries I put the used ones back into the caddy upside down so I can tell at a glance which is a new battery and which ones are used (aka "take homes" for remotes, CD players, and other energy sucking devices).


The Battery Caddy comes in different battery sizes, colors, and configurations, like "AA" (holds 12 - $6.95), "AAA" (holds 4 - $4.95), "9V" (holds 4 - $5.95), a combination of all three (holding 8 AA, 4 AAA, 1 9V - $4.95).

They even make one for those pesky CR123 batteries (holds 4 - $4.95).


Not only are they extremely affordable, they all come with free shipping as well!

If you use batteries in your photography, especially if you are lugging them on location, you need to give these cool tools serious consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment